Milestone 3.1: Establishment of the initial version of the Science Working Group
The first aim of Work Package 3 was to establish an initial set of members for the Science Working Group. This group combines existing EISCAT users with members of other science communities so that during the lifetime of the study this Work Package will be able to cover all of the science themes which EISCAT_3D will be capable to address. The formation of this group is Milestone 3.1.
The initial members of the Science Working Group are:
- Dr. Anita Aikio (University of Oulu, Finland, co‐convenor)
- Dr. Ian McCrea (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab., UK, co‐convenor)
- Dr. Yasanobu Ogawa (National Institute of Polar Research, Japan)
- Prof. Kjellmar Oksavik (UNIS, Norway)
- Prof. Asta Pellinen‐Wannberg (IRF Kiruna, Sweden)
- Dr. Mark Clilverd (British Antarctic Survey, UK)
- Prof. Markus Rapp (IAP Kühlungsborn, Germany)
This Milestone was reached in November 2010.