The General Assembly is the ultimate decision-making body of the EISCAT_3D Preparatory Phase consortium. It consists of one representative from each of the participating entities and two representatives from the Coordinator (EISCAT).
The General Assembly will have an ordinary meeting at least once per year, and additional meetings can be requested by the Executive Board or by General Assembly members. The representative from the Coordinator chairs alls meetings of the General Assembly, unless decided otherwise for a particular meeting.
The General Assembly is able to make decisions regarding the contents of the Work Packages, finances, intellectual property rights and the evolution of the consortium. The decisions of the General Assembly should be accepted by all members of the EISCAT_3D consortium. The General Assembly shall be free to act on its own initiative to formulate proposals and take decisions. In addition, all proposals made by the Executive Board shall also be considered and decided upon by the General Assembly.
The members of the EISCAT_3D General Assembly are:
- Esa Turunen (EISCAT Scientific Association)
- Henrik Andersson (EISCAT Scientific Association)
- Cesar La Hoz (Universitetet i Tromsø)
- Jerker Delsing (Luleå Tekniska Universitet)
- Lars Eliasson (Institutet för Rymdfysik)
- Anita Aikio (Oulun Yliopisto)
- Tomas Andersson (Vetenskapsrådet)
- Leif Johansson (National Instruments)
- Richard Harrison (Science and Technology Facilities Council Rutherford Appleton Laboratory)